I’m so excited that my New Year’s intentions are taking shape – especially in the travel realm. We have quite a few out-of-town excursions already planned for the year and are already looking forward to planning more for the summer.
So proud of us. It just means saying “yes” when we would’ve otherwise said “eh.”
- Adam and I are heading to Miami this weekend (Feb 16-19) so that I can present at WordCamp Miami. We are staying at the Clifton South Beach Hotel – spontaneously chosen because a) almost everything else is sold out (big boat show in town, I guess) and b) it’s an “eco” hotel, meaning all materials and practices are green-friendly. It’s supposed to be 80 degrees, so we will enjoy the beach during my breaks from the conference.
- I’ve got a bachelorette party night for Crystal planned in Orlando for March 10th. We’re staying in a condo at the WorldQuest resort, so should be able to enjoy the resort and party at CityWalk that night.
- We booked our trip to Breckenridge, Colorado for spring break week, the last week of March. We are all beyond excited for this. Piper doesn’t stop telling random strangers about going sledding, and she wears her new snow boots around the house every day (added to her rotation of ballet slippers and rain boots).
- Sixteen of us are headed to Asheville, NC in April for Ginger’s bachelorette party weekend getaway, and staying in amazing huge house in the woods. I’m both excited and frightened for this trip – a ten hour drive with two full car loads of ladies.
- August bring my parents’ 40th wedding anniversary (yow!) so we’ll be making a road trip to LaCrosse, WI to help celebrate. Hoping that we’ll have the entire family there and waiting to get this scheduled based on school calendars.
- I’ve planned to run the Rock-n-Roll Savannah Marathon on November 3rd, so we’ll definitely be traveling that weekend for the race. No idea where we’ll stay yet, but there’s plenty of time for that. Hoping to make a little vacay out of it, depending on hubby’s calendar. Also hoping he’s going to be running it with Ginger and I!
We were planning a major out-of-country trip this summer, but I don’t think that’s going to take shape with everything else going on – and that’s ok. There’s plenty else on the calendar.
I’m still thinking about renting a place near Asheville for a week or more before we head north to Wisconsin, but haven’t confirmed anything because we’re not sure about dates this summer yet. I do think it’d be fun to start summering elsewhere though, since what I do is so mobile in nature – I need to take advantage of that more often.